This is how I feel today as I sit at the airport, ready to fly!
Today I set off for who knows how long. To go do who knows what, who knows where lol. Well I know a bit. Tomorrow at this time I will be landing in Iquitos, Peru. I will be whisked off into the Amazon for an incredible journey into myself. As mentioned I have battled loneliness and just want to let it go. I want to love ME as much as I loved Paul when I met him. And I will. In fact I sometimes wonder if just by setting that intention, I already do.
Sitting here at Vino Volo, not drinking wine and just wanting to be in Peru already I am reminded about the journey in general. In life, and in flight, it's important not to forget about how important the journey is.
This morning on the ferry I met a woman that I talked to for the entire ferry ride. She was older, super kind and had experienced very little trauma in her life. She was a wealth of positive knowledge and she reminded me of realities I sometimes forget about because I don't often intact with them. I would have missed her if I was in a hurry.
So I imagine there will be some interesting posts to come, but for now you get a goodbye. And a nervous smile. ❤️
Gratefulness is the word that comes up for me today. Around 1pm Bali time, I found myself sitting at a cafe with 3 men & 3 amazing children I did not know a month ago drinking cat poo coffee. Lol, yup you read it right. Drinking cat poo coffee ????????. Yogi Will, Ryan and my new friend Cam (a whole nother crazy divine timing person) went for lunch today to eat localfood and Cam told us all about this coffee bean that cats are fed to poop out and that is where the coffee is harvested. Well we have to try that now don’t we.
I recognized this very impactful moment when Will was entertaining us all and my abs were burning, I was laughing so hard and my face hurt and Cam was telling me about taking me motorcycle riding around Bali when I come back. I had to take a moment to be so fucking grateful. Had I not made the decision to change my life sodrastically, I wouldn’t be here, in the jungle, with all of these fantastic people that I feel like I have known forever, drinking cat poo coffee, laughing my ass off and already dreaming about my next trip to Bali!!!!
I was so scared to leave my relationship. So nervous to sell my house, so freaked to release my attachment to all of my material belongings. AND yet I did it and I amso grateful I did. Here I am in Bali running a retreat with the most amazing people, co-creating this amazing sacred & healing space.
Today’s adventure set me up for my word of the year. Ryan directed us through this process and intention setting and talked on the word of the year and this amazing moment hit me - I want more of them. In fact, my word of the year is adventure. And I look forward to so many more!!! Bali has already been so intense and the retreat just started. I am grateful for this life I have lived and the one that is unfolding. My heart feels so freaking full.
Today I speak to attachment. Like seriously what a life we are living. 4 months ago I drove my youngest and final at home daughter to live with her dad and made one of those life changing decisions. To leave my long term relationship. One of the scariest decisions I have made. I quickly realized that I could no longer make excuses as to why I wasn’t living the life I always dreamed of as all of those excuses were gone. I guess that is why the decision was so scary? I have lived such a cool life, I havedone so many things, and owned so much stuff.
So here I sit reflecting in the YVR airport lounge on the past 4 months. I got the call, you are leaving for Bali tomorrow night and I kicked in to get shit done mode. As the queen of self care preaching, I also got a massage, went to a friends for dinner and got my nails done. Lol.
In October I had my friends Kylie Judge and over to give my clients a clarity breath work experience and during the session it hit me. Let go of all this shit. What I recognized was that in the past 2 years I acquired the pick up, the motorcycle, the pallet bed and all the other stuff. When and if I decide to come back, I can do it again. What good would it do for me to pay for a storage unit to hold onto all this shit I wasn’t using?? Let it go was sooooo clear. So I did.
For months I have packed and decided what to keep and what to let go and here we are. 13 Tupperware containers, 4 small boxes and some randoms. Wow. And as Isit, reality hits. Last night sleeping in my bed. Last shower. I am free. Did you hear me guys???? Free!!! Free from the confines I placed on myself, free from restriction, free from all the things. And here we are. Here I am. Off to adventure the world. Off to find out more about me. Off to journey. ❤️???? straight up can not believe it is finally happening.
9 Mantras and Affirmations for Self-Love
I shared mudras for self-love with you, and now it’s time for mantras and affirmations for self-love. Align yourself with the vibration of the Universe and the frequency of love with these beautiful mantras.
Some beautiful ways to use mantra are:
During japa meditation with mala beads
Simply holding the mantra in your mind as you meditate
Using it as the anchor of your yoga practice, connecting each breath to a syllable of the mantra
Write it down and place it somewhere you’ll see it everyday: your wallet, your bedside table, etc.
Try them all out or use just one. There are no wrong ways to incorporate mantra into your spiritual practice!
1. So Ham. This ancient Sanskrit mantra translates as “I am that.” It reminds you that everything you desire, you already are. You are enough, exactly where you are. You are the Universe in ecstatic motion, as Rumi would say. You are that.
2. I am love. Use this mantra to remind you that love is not separate from you. Love is within you, and in fact love is you.
3. I am whole exactly as I am. There is nothing wrong with you. There is nothing that needs to be fixed. Exactly as you are is exactly where you are supposed to be in this moment.
4. Self-love is something I’m working on, and I’m grateful for all the ways I show myself love. Self-love is a journey, not a destination. It will always be a process and a part of your practice. Use this mantra to show yourself gratitude for where you are on your journey in this moment.
5. Loving myself is an important part of who I am. Remind yourself that love is a key part of your identity with this affirmation.
6. Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung. This Kundalini mantra is all about healing. Use it to work with your core emotional wounds and the parts of yourself that you struggle to love. Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung brings balance, attunes you to the Universe, and connects with the energy of the sun, moon, earth, and Universe, to bring you deep healing.
7. Love is my birthright. Use this affirmation to remind you that you were always meant to experience love. From the very beginning, you were love. At this moment, you are love. In the future, you will always be love. Love is your birthright, and no one can take that away from you.
8. I am worthy of love, joy, and all that I desire. We all have those pesky negative thoughts that pop up from time to time. You know what they are: they say whatever it is that robs you of your joy. They ask, “who am I to do this?” And they try to trick you into believing in your own unworthiness. Use this mantra to tell those thoughts exactly where to stick it.
9. Yam. This is the bija, or seed, mantra for your anahata, or heart, chakra. Use it to open and balance your heart chakra, the energetic center of unconditional love in your body, and offer that unconditional love to yourself.
Which mantra is your favorite? Comment below and share how you plan to use it!
Start your 2018 off right by freeing your mind and tuning in to the vibration of the Universe. The mantras below will help you manifest the year you want by getting calm, finding peace and stillness, connecting with your highest self, and creating abundance.
Try combining these mantras with your yoga practice for an even more powerful experience, or simply sit and chant them silently or out loud in a mantra meditation.
Sat Nam. A simple and powerful Kundalini mantra, this phrase means “Truth is my identity.” Use it to connect to your truest and highest self.
Om Ram Ramaya Namaha. This mantra, the Lord Rama mantra, is believed to clear your energy channels for emotional and mental healing, happiness, and overall wellness. Use it daily to bring bliss and healing into your life.
Aum Shanti Shanti Shanti. This is the mantra of peace. Use it to connect with the place of stillness and peace you possess inside you.
Om Gum Ganapatayei Namah. Use the Ganesha mantra, which means “I bow to Ganesha, who is capable of removing all obstacles. I pray for blessings and protection,” to call on the Hindu god of success and wisdom, and the destroyer of obstacles. This mantra will protect you as you move through the big challenges and changes of this year.
Om Namah Shivaya. This mantra, translated as “I bow to Shiva, the supreme deity of transformation who represents the truest, highest self,” reminds you that you are made of divine energy. You are powerful, you are capable, and you are not separate from the Universe—you are the Universe.
Adi Mantra. This Kundalini mantra, Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo, is translated as “I bow to the wisdom of the Universe. I bow to the teacher within it.” It is chanted three times for protection and connection with the divine at the beginning of every Kundalini class, but you can use it anytime you would like!
Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu. Cultivate peace and compassion with this mantra, which means “May all beings be happy and free, and may my thoughts, words, and actions contribute to that happiness and freedom.”
Lakshmi Gayatri Mantra. This powerful mantra is “Om Mahalakshmyai Cha Vidmahe Vishnu Patnyai Cha Dhimahi Tanno Lakshmihi Prachodayat.” Use it to manifest abundance and good fortune in all areas of your life this year. It not only brings abundance to you, but it also helps you realize the abundance you already have.
Bija mantras. Each of your chakras has a Bija, or seed, mantra. Their vibrations are used to open and cleanse the associated chakra.
Root, or Muladhara, Chakra for grounding: LAM (pronounced “Lum”)
Sacral, or Swadhisthana, Chakra for passion, creativity, and sexuality: VAM (“Vum”)
Solar Plexus, or Manipura, Chakra for personal power: RAM (“Rum”)
Heart, or Anahata, Chakra for unconditional love: YAM (“Yum”)
Throat, or Vishuddha, Chakra for speaking your truth: HAM (“Hum”)
Third Eye, or Ajna, Chakra for connecting with your inner guidance: AUM (“Om”)
Crown, or Sahasrara, Chakra for connecting with the divine: silence, or AUM (“Om”)