In my very honest opinion, taking Yoga Teacher Training facilitates healing and transformation within the student! More than half of the students out there are taking YTTs for their own personal development! So expect that AND...
This training will prepare and certify students to:
- Teach inspiring and safe group and private Hatha Yoga classes (including – Vinyasa, Hatha, Yin and Restorative) in a yoga studio, gym or corporate environment.
- Comprehend and apply intelligent sequencing with a clear focus on anatomical alignment inter-weaved with well thought out and consistent theme
- Offer informed, compassionate, and instructive hands-on assists and adjustments
- Utilize yoga philosophy to build compelling, inspiring yoga classes and use it as a tool for personal growth
- Hold space for your continued personal expansion and the personal transformation of others
- Have an in depth and firm grasp, and excitement to go deeper into, the use of experiential anatomy and physiology in yoga.
- Field the most common questions and issues from beginner students, including (but not limited to) mental health issues, autoimmune disorders, back or knee injuries, blood pressure, pregnancy, and stress. Understand how to safely work with these conditions in a nurturing, therapeutic manner.
- Understand the art and value of contemplation (meditation) and be able to lead others in the same from direct experience.
- Study the breath in all its beauty, fluctuations, and variations and prescribe different breathing techniques for different effects.
- Grasp the foundations and supporting energies of yoga, with emphasis on the Yoga Sutras, ethics, professionalism and the business of yoga.
- Feel comfortable and confident sharing all of these teachings with students.
Required Textbook - Mark Stephens, "Teaching Yoga"